This week, I asked our new Integrated Marketing Strategist and Community Manager for his “top 3” social media guru picks – I’ve been enjoying checking out the limited few he (somewhat under duress) whittled out of his impressive feed of 238 sources (which yes, he received feeds from, and works his way through each and every week … and that’s why he’s our Social Media think tank, and why I am the PR maven – teamwork) …
He sent me to many great picks (and interestingly all male … and interestingly the line-up of reading I share below is also predominantly … all male … that’s another post for another day …) and one I’ve been chewing through this evening is Mitch Joel’s twistimage.com …
Courtesy of Mitch, here are a few titles (some I’ve read and some I’ve not) that should line that social media shelf in your office (or on your KINDLE … whatever)! Enjoy.
- The Cluetrain Manifesto – Rick Levine, Christopher Locke, Doc Searls & David Weinberger.
- Crush It! – Gary Vaynerchuk.
- Groundswell – Josh Bernoff & Charlene Li.
- Here Comes Everybody – Clay Shirky.
- Life After The 30-Second Spot – Joseph Jaffe.
- The Long Tail – Chris Anderson.
- Made To Stick – Chip & Dan Heath.
- The New Community Rules – Tamar Weinberg.
- The New Influencers – Paul Gillen.
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR – David Meerman Scott.
- Purple Cow – Seth Godin.
- Tribes – Seth Godin.
- Trust Agents – Chris Brogan & Julien Smith.
- Waiting For Your Cat To Bark – Bryan & Jeffrey Eisenberg.
- Web Analytics 2.0 – Avinash Kaushik.
- Web Analytics – An Hour A Day – Avinash Kaushik.
- What Would Google Do? Jeff Jarvis.
- The Whuffie Factor – Tara Hunt.
- Wikinomics – Don Tapscott.
- Word of Mouth Marketing – Andy Sernovitz.